Chief Master Sgt. Ronald C. Arthur represents the 186th Air Refueling Wing with distinction as the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Key Field Air National Guard Base, Meridian, Mississippi. He advises the Wing Commander on issues affecting morale, wellness, readiness, training, health, welfare, quality of life, professional development and proper utilization for the Wing’s 900 plus enlisted force. The chief leads by example to inspire and sustain a culture of professionalism and integrity. Chief Arthur also serves as the full-time 186th Civil Engineer Squadron Facilities Manager. He ensures the execution of base maintenance, construction, and budgetary planning for the day-to-day operations.
Chief Arthur entered the Mississippi Air National Guard in 1990. He has 27 years of experience in Air Force Logistics and Civil Engineer career fields. The chief’s assignments include positions in the Resource Management, Logistics Readiness and Civil Engineer Squadrons. Chief Arthur has held full-time positions as the Materials Handler, Operations Craftsman, Operations Supervisor, Prime BEEF Manager, Operations Superintendent, Facilities Manager, and the Civil Engineer Manager with the 186th Civil Engineer Squadron. Serving with the 186th Air Refueling Wing, he has deployed on multiple Air Expeditionary Force rotations to the Persian Gulf and United States Southern Command in support of Operations: NOBLE EAGLE, NORTHERN & SOUTHERN WATCH, ENDURING FREEDOM, FREEDOM SENTINEL and INHERENT RESOLVE.
Prior to assuming his current position, the chief was the Chief Enlisted Manager, 186th Civil Engineer Squadron, Key Field Air National Guard Base, Meridian, Miss.
1990 Supply Management Apprentice Technical School, Lowry AFB, Colo.
1994 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Military Course (non-resident)
2000 Noncommissioned Officer Military Course (non-resident)
2001 Civil Engineer Operations Management Technical School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2007 USAF Senior Non-commissioned Officer Academy (non-resident)
2012 Civil Engineer Superintendent Course, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2015 Associate of Applied Science Degree, Maintenance Production Management, Community College of the Air Force
2017 ANG Chief Master Sergeant Executive Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2017 ANG Command Chief Orientation Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
1. July 1990 – September 1990, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. September 1990 - December 1990, Student, Special Assets, Lowry AFB, Colo.
3. July 1990 - June 1994, Special Assets Specialist, 186th Resource Management Squadron, Key Field ANGB, Miss.
4. June 1994 - March 1997, Supply Craftsman, 186th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Key Field ANGB, Miss.
5. March 1997 - December 2000, Materials Acquisition Specialist, 186th Civil Engineer Squadron, Key Field ANGB, Miss.
6. December 2000 – March 2007, Operations Craftsman, 186th Civil Engineer Squadron, Key Field ANGB, Miss.
7. March 2007 – May 2015, Operations Superintendent, 186th Civil Engineer Squadron, Key Field ANGB, Miss.
8. May 2015 – July 2017, Chief Enlisted Manager, 186th Civil Engineer Squadron, Key Field ANGB, Miss.
9. July 2016 – February 2017, Chief Enlisted Manager, 386th Expeditionary Civil Engineer Squadron, Ali Al Salem AB, Kuwait
10. February 2017- Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 186th Air Refueling Wing, Key Field ANGB, Miss.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with one device
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with seven devices
US Coast Guard Outstanding Unit Award
Humanitarian Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal with one device
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border and one oak leaf cluster
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Mississippi Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Mississippi Medal of Efficiency
Mississippi War Medal with oak leaf cluster
Mississippi Emergency Services Medal with oak leaf cluster
2003 Air Mobility Command Inspector General Unit Compliance Inspection Outstanding Performer
2003 186th Civil Engineer Squadron Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2008 Air Mobility Command Inspector General Unit Compliance Inspection Outstanding Performer
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States
Mississippi National Guard Enlisted Association
Civil Engineer Association
Veterans of Foreign Wars
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman June 7, 1991
Airman First Class December 7, 1991
Senior Airman July 11, 1992
Staff Sergeant September 10, 1994
Technical Sergeant January 9, 1999
Master Sergeant March 3, 2001
Senior Master Sergeant October 5, 2007
Chief Master Sergeant May 5, 2015
Command Chief Master Sergeant February 1, 2017
(Current as of March 2018)